PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Option to force a synch on UbuntuOne

awam66
November 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hi there folks,
Would it be possible to add a menu item to Ubuntu One so that you could "Force" a synch to take place either of files or Evolution contacts as I am not sure if the synch is happening. I have three computers which I like to keep synched.Any thoughts?

adamis
November 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I would agree that something like this would be nice to have. The only way to get this to happen manually is to kill the UbuntuOne process and then restart it.

On the same note I think something like this should force UbuntuOne to check the number of files on the server versus the number of files on the client. In my case I've been trying to get all of my data synced for almost a month now and it has only uploaded a third (9gb) of my data in that time period. Ubuntu One doesn't even transfer any data now, it just sits there saying everything is up to date. I don't understand exactly what system is used to compare client to server but it would seem that a simple comparative check of the number of files each one had would be a good method to make sure all of the data has actually been uploaded.

If there is one thing I have learned it is that UbuntuOne doesn't like to be interrupted. With my laptop because I take it everywhere I go it seems that Ubuntu One does not know how to recover after it was interrupted in the middle of an upload. It seems like it just marks whatever it was uploading as complete and then moves on. Of course I end up with just a partial upload after a month. Something to force it to compare would be a great addition in my mind.