PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Rhythmbox & GStreamer broken?

Mark_in_Hollywood
November 13th, 2009, 01:50 AM
mms://2x4.telecomdatacenter.com.ar/2x4

In Chrome, clicking the link to the above line, calls: "Launch This Application". Clicking on that returns:

uri handler unimplemented.

What do I have to do to Karmic/Rhythmbox to get the above line to play?

I believe I have the w32codecs installed. At least Aptitude says they are installed.

coldReactive
November 13th, 2009, 03:57 AM
You must launch it in an external application or use a plugin that's built into the browser. I'm pretty sure that all of the media players (mplayer, vlc, etc.) DO NOT have chrome plugins.

Mark_in_Hollywood
November 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
You must launch it in an external application or use a plugin that's built into the browser. I'm pretty sure that all of the media players (mplayer, vlc, etc.) DO NOT have chrome plugins.

The link "calls" Totem. This isn't about plug-ins as such.

Paul41
November 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I have had these kind of problems with Chrome. Firefox works with no problems. Have you tried Firefox just to see if it is a overall problem or only a problem with Chrome?

Mark_in_Hollywood
November 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I seem to have you all confused, as I'm unable to explain this problem, as I'm not computer literate.

While I was using Chrome to see the page:

http://www.la2x4.com.ar/

I clicked the link at the bottom of that page, see in red letters:

Radio ao Vivo

The link that calls the music player (Totem, Rhythmbox, what-have-you) is:

mms://2x4.telecomdatacenter.com.ar/2x4

and that has nothing to do with plug-ins for Chrome (or any other browser).

when I click that MMS link, I get Rhythmbox on screen, but I also get a few error messages, one is:

Can't stop playback

the next one is:

Can't start playback

then Rhythmbox plays 'not a sound'. Please see screenshots.

Mark_in_Hollywood
November 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM
While opening Places to Home Folder, Desktop, Documents, Music or Videos still opens Rhythmbox instead of a Nautilus file manager, a Chrome daily update seems to have resolved this problem. Or maybe it was installing VLC. I cannot be certain.

Thanks, community.