PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] large file updated but not shown

candtalan
November 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM
A bunch of files worked ok - I put them into the Ubuntu One folder, and it updated, and the web interface indicates 17MB used, and the files can be seen.

However, last night I also put a large file into the Ubuntu One folder approximately 800MB, tar.gz file. It started updating and continued, I believe at arounfd 4MB per minute, and I left it updating overnight, from a stage which I believe it had updated about half of the file.

However, this morning, although the updating is shown as up to date, the tar.gz file was not showing on the web view.

I believe it took around 4 hours to update the file initially, and it then had another 4 hours after that before I looked this morning.

Is there something special about large files, or tr,gz files that I need to know about for Ubuntu One?

Merovius
November 13th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have a file of about 200 mb and sometimes it shows on the web sometimes it doesn't. Usually if I clivk on the other tabs and eventually back to files it will show up. Sometimes I click on the drop down arrows and its not there and then it is. U1 is still a little flaky.I like it very much, but fully expect it to be weird on me now and then.

awam66
November 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I have found that tar files and gzip files don't show up on the web interface of Ubuntu One though they are there, 'cause another computer synched OK and downloaded the file. Perhaps it should be reported as a bug?