PDA

View Full Version : 9.10 automatic login not working & power button does nothing

IndieRockSteve
November 11th, 2009, 02:08 AM
back in the old days of mythbuntu, if I logged out or killed X, the login manager would automatically log me back in after something like 10seconds. 9.10 no longer does this.

Also,
back in the old days of mythbuntu, if I hit the power button, X would kill and take me to the login manager, which, see above. 9.10 no longer does this.

I really enjoyed both of those features and would love to get them back with 9.10, anyone know how to do this easily?

thanks!

SiHa
November 11th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Not sure about the auto-login after an X restart, but you can change the power button behaviour. It's in the System > Power submenu on the desktop IIRC. Not sure why Mythbuntu defaults to 'Do Nothing' now, maybe to stop idle little fingers?

chipppy
November 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Good Evening

Try the following thread and see if it helps

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308845&highlight=auto+login
Cheers
Chipppy

MCunha
December 31st, 2009, 05:42 PM
Not sure about the auto-login after an X restart, but you can change the power button behaviour. It's in the System > Power submenu on the desktop IIRC. Not sure why Mythbuntu defaults to 'Do Nothing' now, maybe to stop idle little fingers?
Hi,

How can I change the power button behaviour in command line (karmic)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: sorry to post this question in the wrong session. I open several threads and didnt't saw this one are in Mythbuntu...