PDA

View Full Version : Imported DVD is not found in Mythbuntu

plantschi35
November 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry for my bad english, i am posting from germany.
I installed Mythbuntu for the first time and have a few small problems. After installation, I could not import DVD's. Under the menu / utilites/setup / setup / media settings / video settings / general settings was no folder configured for videos ( empty field ). I saved a newly created directory with real configured for mythtv and entered the path. According to this configuration works to import a DVD. It creates an ISO in the configured directory and can also be manually opened using VLC. But if I try to find this ISO in the Video Manager of Mythbuntu I am told repeatedly that no Viedeos be found.

What am I doing wrong?

williammanda
November 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Try going to the video manager and select "m" and you should see a menu pop up, then select "scan for changes".

elgordo123
November 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
It doesn't automatically appear in the list like previous versions -yet.

williammanda
November 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
It doesn't automatically appear in the list like previous versions -yet.
IS the frontend on the same computer as the backend? How many backends do you have? If this is on the master BE/FE, your path is set correctly in video setup, you have selected "scan for changes" and the file has correct permissions then it should show up correctly. Please try as I have suggested.
Thanks

plantschi35
November 11th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you for your help. Thatīs it. Itīs a little bit difficult to use mythbuntu without such informations. Can I find a list of keys and commands somewhere in the web ???

plantschi35
November 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Try going to the video manager and select "m" and you should see a menu pop up, then select "scan for changes".

Thank you for your help. Thatīs it. Itīs a little bit difficult to use mythbuntu without such informations. Can I find a list of keys and commands somewhere in the web ???

williammanda
November 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
You can use this but it's not up to date.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use

plantschi35
November 11th, 2009, 08:41 PM
You can use this but it's not up to date.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use

Thankś a lot