PDA

View Full Version : Some of the components in Glade can not be resized.

Somme
November 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'm using the default Glade version from Karmic repositories but something annoys me - I can't resize some of the designer components. For example, combo box - the only way to resize it is to go into properties and type it's size/location manually.

Is there a way to fix this ?

samjh
November 10th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "resize some of the designer components".

GTK+ only uses layout managers, not absolute positioning. Which means the size of individual components are dependent on the size of the components around it.

Somme
November 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "resize some of the designer components".

GTK+ only uses layout managers, not absolute positioning. Which means the size of individual components are dependent on the size of the components around it.

Not if you use fixed layout.

samjh
November 10th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Oh, I see. So you want to be able to graphically alter the size and position of a component within a Fixed container? I'm afraid this is not the right place to ask for that feature. Try the glade-devel (http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/glade-devel) mailing list.

Somme
November 10th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Oh, I see. So you want to be able to graphically alter the size and position of a component within a Fixed container? I'm afraid this is not the right place to ask for that feature. Try the glade-devel (http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/glade-devel) mailing list.

Yes, that's what I'm after for. Basically, it works for the most of components, except combo box ( there was another component which can not be resized, tough, I don't remember which one ). For now, thanks for the link - I'll definitely give them a shout :)

samjh
November 10th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hmmm... I can't graphically resize any objects within a Fixed container. Obviously it can be done via typing the size and position in the Properties section, but that's not what you're after.

Somme
November 10th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Hmmm... I can't graphically resize any objects within a Fixed container. Obviously it can be done via typing the size and position in the Properties section, but that's not what you're after.

You need to hold down the Shift key ( which activates the ability to move or resize your components ).

samjh
November 10th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Ah ha! Thanks for that. Being a Qt guy, I hardly use Glade and my ignorance shows. :)

Looks like just a peculiarity with Combobox then.