View Full Version : Anime playback problems in 9.10

November 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I've been having problems viewing anime from the 9.04 version but it continues in the new one and its kind of frustrating.
I've done all that's mentioned in the sticky about multimedia and also I've installed the drivers from ati(not the ones from System->Hardware Drivers)
and playback gets a little bit choppy,sometimes synchro between video and sound gets wrong like the video slows down while sound is running perfectly.

Any ideas?

ps:i got a 27' display and ubuntu works in a pretty big resolution but in windows thats not an issue....but in ubuntu its another story i think,hope it helps.

Its probably codec stuff because i tried watching different anime and some play normally and others play choppy(whether the program is full screen or not).

November 18th, 2009, 03:05 AM
What vid player are you using? a different one may work better, if you aren't already I suggest Mplayer
Also you may want to try some other drivers, all in all ati has some issues with Linux, but I'm not to knowledgeable on that .

November 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I also use Mplayer since I always install the codecs and stuff but 9.10 is a bit unstable yet.After making this thread Ive experienced problems with various programs freezing for a while and others blacking out with messages for force quiting and stuff.So I know that its gonna be a while for this problem to be fixed.
The only program that worked is VLC.but it doesn't work always.