PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Even though saving sessions is off... pidgin still starts when I login!

coldReactive
November 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM
How do I stop pidgin from starting when I login when I don't save the session in the first place?

coldReactive
November 8th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Bump

desperado665
November 8th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Might be as easy as making sure you've logged out of pidgin before shutting your PC down. I have noticed that behavior in Mint KDE. If pidgin is actively running when I shut down, it auto starts then next time I log in, even though save session is off. Must be something in pidgin making it act that way. If I log out of pidgin before shutting down, then it doesn't load.

Sir Jasper
November 8th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Is the program box unticked; or is Save Session unticked on quit/reboot, or both?

coldReactive
November 8th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Might be as easy as making sure you've logged out of pidgin before shutting your PC down. I have noticed that behavior in Mint KDE. If pidgin is actively running when I shut down, it auto starts then next time I log in, even though save session is off. Must be something in pidgin making it act that way. If I log out of pidgin before shutting down, then it doesn't load.

I right-click the tray icon and choose quit. How is that NOT logging off?

(Note: I have pidgin to always show the tray icon, because that envelope icon sucks.)

Is the program box unticked; or is Save Session unticked on quit/reboot, or both?

Program box? Yes, Save Session is unticked when I log out.

Sir Jasper
November 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
In Xubuntu go to:
Settings > Xfce 4 Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Applications Assistant and see which boxes are ticked.

If that doesnīt help then I donīt know.

coldReactive
November 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
In Xubuntu go to:
Settings > Xfce 4 Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Applications Assistant and see which boxes are ticked.

If that doesnīt help then I donīt know.

If you mean Application Autostart, I've already set Pidgin to "never" and it no longer appears in the list, so I can't uncheck it.

There is no Applications Assistant.

Sir Jasper
November 8th, 2009, 03:26 PM
As an aside, Applications Assistant appears in Xububtu 9.04. Has this problem only happened with your 9.10 ? If so did you do a Fresh Install or did you Upgrade?

coldReactive
November 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
As an aside, Applications Assistant appears in Xububtu 9.04. Has this problem only happened with your 9.10 ? If so did you do a Fresh Install or did you Upgrade?

I fresh installed. But due to this bug ( http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5954 ) I had to install xdm rather than gdm after while.

sisco311
November 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
clear the ~/.cache/sessions/ directory.

coldReactive
November 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
clear the ~/.cache/sessions/ directory.

Wow, thanks, that worked.