PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rhythmbox and AAC

herbertportillo
November 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Since I installed Ubuntu 9.10, I've been having a little problem with Rhythmbox and .m4a audio files.

When I listen to music, I like to shuffle through my entire music collection. Who doesn't? It's a great way to rediscover old music I haven't heard in a while. There is a little glitch, though. My music collection is a mix of .mp3 and .m4a files (a holdover of my iTunes and Windows days). When Rhythmbox plays an .mp3 file, it does it flawlessly. When Rhythmbox plays an .m4a file, the sounds plays from beginning to end flawlessly as well, but the 'time elapsed' counter is off. Instead of starting at 0:00, it starts anywhere from 0:07 to 1:16. When the counter reaches the end of the length of the file, the 'time elapsed' counter will say something like '3:31 of 3:31' but music continues to play since the counter is off.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the way the audio file is played. It's just that the counter is shifted, and it's only with .m4a files and not .mp3 files. I know it's not a big deal and it's not an urgent problem, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea why it was happening. If no one can figure it out, it's ok. I can live with an offset 'time elapsed' counter, ha.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

herbertportillo
November 11th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Bump?

herbertportillo
November 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Bump??
Haha