PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] change press-hold for right click sensitivity

marc1uk
November 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I recently got a tablet PC and have been amazed by how much functionality I've been able to get working in ubuntu; the linux community really is astonishing.
I'm down to a few last issues to make this as practical as XP to use, but one of these is right clicking. Because the tablet uses a passive digitiser I don't have buttons on the stylus, so right-click has to use the press-hold accessibility option. This works fine in XP, but in Ubuntu is so sensitive to motion of the cursor it's pretty much impossible to use - ANY movement of the cursor prevents the menu opening, and tapping and holding the stylus on the EXACT same position is way too tricky.

So does anyone know how you can reduce the motion sensitivity of the tap-hold option, so that it can accommodate a little motion of the cursor and still appear?

On a less important note in some situations the menu doesn't appear at all (even using the touchpad buttons so that i KNOW there's no cursor motion). For example embedded Youtube videos don't seem to work in their original page for some reason, so I need to right-click and 'watch in YouTube' to go to the actual site, where it works. In this situation click-hold does nothing. Anyone know why, or how to fix this?

marc1uk
November 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
As for the other issues, just to throw them out there, the tablet's a Fujitsu Lifebook T1010, and has a funky scroll sensor on the screen edge to allow you to scroll while in tablet mode. This doesn't work, and I can't find any info on getting it to work. When I have some more time I'll try doing a search on generally getting input devices recognised - see if Ubuntu is recognising the device even exists, whether it's triggering input, and how in general to assign that input to a function. I think that last step will still lead me to asking for help, but I think I should see what I can find first. Having said that, since I'm already here, does anyone have any ideas on that subject?

And finally, the LCD brightness control seems to have been reassigned by some of the driver's I've installed, since they no longer work. Anyone know how I could get gnome to take them over again?