PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech quick cam 5000 & 9.10 (or any build for that matter!

oldsoundguy
November 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Here it is: Have both Logitech Quick Cam 4000 and 5000. Using various Ubuntu based builds from 8.4 lts to 9.1.
I plug in the unit(s) and they light up.
Install Cheese and when I launch it, the light pops on and then goes OFF. On the Cheese page it shows the cam, but it is grayed out and all I get is the test pattern and snow in a box!
In otherwords, it does not WORK. And if it doesn't work there, I have NO way of testing in other programs!
What am I missing here?

ADD: Got Skype installed .. the software works, the camera does NOT.

This and the inability to rotate my monitor are the ONLY problems I have had on Ubuntu .. and since 8.4 has xorg, I was able to get the monitor to work on IT at least!

oldsoundguy
November 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
bumpoid

It acts like the driver loads, and then when the program(s) load the association fails to transfer.
Which makes me suspect a defective driver in the kernel. Any body found a work around? Or if anybody has managed to get the above Webcam working in Ubuntu, PLEASE explain how it was done!

oldsoundguy
November 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Found a solution:
Buy a different camera.
NOT the solution it should have been, but I can, at least, get on line with a web cam now.
(Logitech 9000)