PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Karmic Koala Sound

h3lLx0x
November 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Hello there,

Why my ubuntu karmic koala sound are very low. I already put it to max but the sound is too slow. Anybody got the same problem with me ?

h3lLx0x
November 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM
BUMP ~

Im using VIA VT 1708B Sound card

llib1234
November 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah I'm getting it too.
When I put the sound to headphone output only, the sound volume drops dramatically even though I haven't reduced it.
Could be something to do with Pulseaudio cause I didn't get this problem before with ALSA sound system.

kuric
November 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Unbelievable... Lot of people is getting problems with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and Pulseaudio! If this doesn't end soon it will be the death of Ubuntu :S

Here's what I did: I've totally replaced/purged pulseaudio and installed esound.

llib1234
November 8th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Unbelievable... Lot of people is getting problems with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and Pulseaudio! If this doesn't end soon it will be the death of Ubuntu :S

Here's what I did: I've totally replaced/purged pulseaudio and installed esound.

I agree its ultimately the Distro's problem to get it fixed.

btw how do I get rid of pulseaudio, and use ALSA for all my audio?

setiamon
November 8th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I have a x-fi xtreme music which worked flawless in jaunty.it is supposed to work out of the box and i do get audio but it is muddled with distortions,static and echo's...

and it won't install the creative drivers.so i'm just hoping a solution emerges soon

h3lLx0x
December 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
BUMP~

Im using VIA VT 1708B Sound card

Is there any solution for this porblem ? If not ubuntu will not be the best distro in the history of life.