PDA

View Full Version : Default application changes

ibizatunes
November 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
In 10.04 are there going to be any changes in the default applications install ie:
rhythmbox = banshee
evolution = Thunderbird
firefox = chrome

The only one i see happening is rhythmbox to banshee

Are there going to be any more application installed by defauly ie gnome-do?

Seventh Reign
November 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I pray they dont go to Banshee. I'd rather use Totem as my media player than the abomination that is Banshee.

It should be Exaile as default.

ajgreeny
November 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I hope they stick with Firefox as well, at least until all the add-ons that I find so invaluable are available in some form for Chrome, as well.

hanzomon4
November 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thunderbird 3 is a much better email client then evolution

ibizatunes
November 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
This inst about which apps are better in your option, it which will be changed regardless of your view
I dont want this go down the route of firefox vs chrome
evolution vs Thunderbird, because it doesn't get anyway
I just want to know if you think there will be changes regardless of your view of a certain application

VMC
November 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
This inst about which apps are better in your option, it which will be changed regardless of your view
I just want to know if you think there will be changes regardless of your view of a certain application

I would think if they were going down that road they would have already indicated it. I don't think we will wake up one morning and be greeted with banshee.

Then again didn't Empathy replace Pidgin. Was it without notice?

MacUntu
November 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM
No.

UbuWu
November 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM
It will be discussed at the upcoming developer sprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-default-apps

hanzomon4
November 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Then why are you asking here instead of the relevant mailing list?! The answer is NO.. the only app that may be changed is Banshee if they workout some issues, but I highly doubt it will be introduced in an LTS.

donniezazen
November 7th, 2009, 01:47 AM
In 10.04 are there going to be any changes in the default applications install ie:
rhythmbox = banshee
evolution = Thunderbird
firefox = chrome

The only one i see happening is rhythmbox to banshee

Are there going to be any more application installed by defauly ie gnome-do?

+1

I highly recommend it.

zekopeko
November 7th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I pray they dont go to Banshee. I'd rather use Totem as my media player than the abomination that is Banshee.

It should be Exaile as default.

What's wrong with Banshee?

23meg
November 7th, 2009, 03:53 AM
What's wrong with Banshee?

Let's keep this on topic.

Post #8 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8258251&postcount=8) answers the original question fully. Unless the OP has other questions, this thread seems to have served its purpose.

Amaranth
November 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
No changes to default applications will happen in Lucid. We're sticking with what we have and making sure it works well.