PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 iPod problems

Kidney
November 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
It says:

"Plug in your PSP, iPod, MP3 player and use Rhythmbox to download, store, buy and play music.

Share playlists with your friends.

Access Last.fm directly through Rhythmbox to stream your favourite music.

Stream and play video from YouTube, BBC and others."

Actually Ubuntu 9.10 - Rhythmbox does not recognizes my iPod touch 2G.I cannot upload/download my music.

synicalx
November 6th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Perfectly true, due to the nature of the 'next-gen' devices (read; iPod Touch/iPhone) Rhythmbox can't recognize it as an MP3 player. All other iPod's work fine, but for your Touch you'll either have to Jailbreak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg5FOYgs8Kk) it (What I've done) or use it with another computer. Unfortunately if you want to jailbreak your iPod, you'll need access to a Windows or Mac computer.

Kidney
November 6th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Oh - my iPod touch is already jailbroken ;) But i guess for now I won't be able to access it via Ubuntu.Thanks very much :) I hope Ubuntu developers to fix that soon ;)

blastbar
November 10th, 2009, 11:32 PM
i can't get any music on my nano 4th gen with rhythmbox, worked fine in jaunty anyone know what's happened? thanks :)

phunkenstein
November 11th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Can a First Gen iPod touch be used?

darkshadow
November 11th, 2009, 01:51 AM
phunkenstein a 1st gen iPod Touch works only if you are using a 1.x firmware. which means no app store or a lot of other features.

dmeehan
November 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
My iPod Touch is first gen but on firmware 2.something and Karmic thinks it is a camera :-(

Kidney
November 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
My iPod Touch is first gen but on firmware 2.something and Karmic thinks it is a camera :-(

Same here.

darkshadow
November 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
That is a feature so it is easier for people to get their pictures off the device. For the iPod that means images saved from the internet or email and screenshots, for the iPhone all those plus the camera photos