PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brightness levels appear to be offset...

cutterjohn
November 4th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Upgraded my MSI GT725 9.04 install (x86-64 + catalyst 9.10(final not Ubuntu-pre)) which went just fine, mostly.

Anyways, the problem that popped up seemed to be that the brightness increase from what should be the low as possible setting(no bar in the popup highlighted) has a higher brightness value than two brightness increases up from none has. (Almost seems as if the brightness levels were wrapped/offset by 2 settings, but I'm not sure if what's supposed to the the second lowest(none of the bar highlighted in the popup) is brighter than what should be the highest, i.e. bar fully highlighted in the popup...)

Has anyone seen this? Find a workaround?

(I saw the other threads about no X at all, and no brightness control at all, but I don't think that these are related as the brightness controls do work, just not as expected which would imply a bug somewhere in whatever handles the LCD brightness settings or some intermediary shim package...)

bubuka
November 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I have a somehow similar issue, the brightness just went to max and you can not change it at all (xbacklight etc. didn't work, just like the brightness applet on gnome panel.)
My question is can You adjust the brightness at all, ie set it to even brighter?