PDA

View Full Version : Poll: do you use Seahorse and want it installed by default?

Keyper7
November 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
The recent discussions about Seahorse (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8240973) made me wonder... who does actually use it? For changing and removing saved passwords, the average user usually goes directly to the app. For synchronizing remote keys... well, the average user does not do that at all, I think.

So I got curious and decided to set up this poll. I'd likely to politely request two things before you reply:

- forget about security
- forget about bloat

I'd like you to assume that all your security concerns about Seahorse are completely fixed and that it occupies exactly 0Mb in your hard drive. I'd like you to be objective and base your answers only in functionality. Answers like "I would never use it because the current implementation is insecure" and "I'd like it removed from the default because my hard drive is small" would distort the results.

And remember: Seahorse != Gnome Keyring. Removing the former does not remove the latter.

FuturePilot
November 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm a power user, and I use seahorse all the time. I would definitely miss it.

ishnid
November 27th, 2009, 03:58 AM
And remember: Seahorse != Gnome Keyring. Removing the former does not remove the latter.

A little extra information to help us along, if you wouldn't mind. I know what the combination of gnome-keyring and seahorse does. I'm not so clear, however, on which program is responsible for what. Where does gnome-keyring end and seahorse begin?