PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] only 1 app to complete delete windows Vista

Titofish
November 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I am a Ubuntu newbie but I fall in love whit Ubuntu. I am using it science 9.04 and now whit 9.10 Karmic. But the only thing that hold me to erase windows from my hard drive is the sony ericsson C905 PC Suit. Because whit PC Suit software I can connect the phone to use as a modem to do internet and use it in my laptop. But it is only for windows, it dont run on wine, I try it, but don't work.

I dont want to do a dual boot again I just wan to use ubuntu Linux for every thing every day.

1. Can Someone help me to set up my sony ericsson c905 as a modem internet conection in ubuntu?

Please ubuntu guys if some one know how todo it, reply and make me a full linux conver!

Little Girl
November 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Welcome to Ubuntu! :D

This page might help: http://www.uhl.nu/jesper/?p=61

mangurt
November 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Here's a post I followed when I had a Sony Ericsson Phone
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=851102
and I had no trouble using my phone as a modem.

Titofish
November 5th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I juast want to thank you guys Little Girl and mangurt for your fast reply. Your suggestions work. Now it transfer files like photos and music ok.

But the main reason for my thread is to find out how to use my sony ericsson phone as a modem to get Internet connection in my laptop like I did in windows vista whit the sony ericsson software pc suit. If some one know how please help me?

Little Girl
November 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
This page might help: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-131034-using-your-phone-as-a-modem

mbzn
November 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
This problem is with the phone itself, I have a W995, C905 and a K800. They all set-up my net connection as soon as I connect the phone. The c905 however rejects (doesn't allow?) the connection. The k800 and w995 works without any trouble. I couldn't find solution as yet.

AlanR8
November 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
This should just work in Karmic.

When you plug your phone in via USB, let's just start there, the networking wizard should open and take you through the setup process. This is very simple and the wizard will apply all the necessary settings like the "phone number" to dial.

If it doesn't automatically open, right click the networking icon and add a new connection. That should get you going.

If that doesn't work, and it should there is a solution I've used before using wvdial. It should work however, my son's just bought a Blackberry Storm 2 and it took about 2 minutes to connect it to the web using my laptop via bluetooth!!!!!

mbzn
November 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Never tried in karmic, in jaunty the phone setting is auto. As soon as you dial(connect) it says disconnected, on my other SonyE phones the phone shows "connecting to Internet"(Or something) but not on the c905, the phone doesn't even try to connect.

Titofish
November 20th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I am updating my situation, my sony ericsson c905a were send to a repair shop because it has problems 2 month after purchase whit the connector port. Were connect the earphones, usb data cable and the charger. It just don't make good contact and it dont charge. Sometime the earphones jack get shaky and cut the audio. Just be aware is you hard using your c905 phone it can happen.

Right now I'm using my old w580i and it connect to my gateway laptop uc700 series by bluetooth without any problem. It just works, very ease to set up almost plug and play. I hope that someone figure out how to use the c905 as a modem by data cable or bluetooth let me know please. Thanks for your help, keep the god work people.