PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu site traffic soaring

Lucretius
November 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
hit 0.3% of all internet traffic a couple days ago... that's a huge amount

even surpassed reddit.com at one point.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=ubuntu.com&

Indicative of a wider trend perhaps... a broader linux take up in general?

There certainly seems to be more publicity... even the bbc seems to be in on it.

NCLI
November 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
O.O

Wow.

hoppipolla
November 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Cool :)

Doesn't surprise me too much - Koala looks wicked and people don't like Vista and don't have the cash for 7. And even if they did, like I have said there are many things Ubuntu does better. That's wonderful news though, I think they need to keep getting stronger with every release and watch their traffic soar ^_^

murderslastcrow
November 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Wow, this really is good. Only expect it to climb as the Windows 7 buzz wears down over next year and Google's Chrome OS gets more news. @_@ I wonder what'll happen when Chrome OS comes out, anyway. Very exciting times.

JDShu
November 3rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Interesting graph. Assuming the data is accurate, my interpretation is that the spike is due to Windows 7 hype actually. WIth Windows 7 coming out, news outlets (eg. bbc) report on possible competitors, thus generating interest. Notice that the spike during the Intrepid and Jaunty releases are nowhere near the scale of the Karmic spike.