View Full Version : Are You Addicted to Your PC & Linux

November 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
:lolflag: With the home computer becoming more of a necessity in today house hold, I was wondering how much time do you spend on the computer in your daily life. I ask this question because I notice I spend my entire day in front of a computer. I would say for myself I average about 14hr a day on my computer systems.....

November 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
I'm going to college to make a living off of computers (systems admin I hope). Do I use them a lot? No, I use them enough.

November 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
I want to finish the book I'm reading, but I can't. Damn you, computer!

November 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
computers are life even for non geeks (or at least this is the case for many many many people)

November 3rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Yep i spent about 15 - 18 hours on one everyday. Pretty much all my waking day, yet i rarely do anything constructive in that time :p

November 3rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
It's not an addiction, it's progress. People are classifying it as an addiction because they spend their entire life working with a device that was not a part of their daily lives 15 years ago, but the simple fact is that all technology is converging towards becoming information technology, and it's perfectly normal that people spend more time with it as they get accustomed and familiar with it.

Sand & Mercury
November 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
I spend at least 10 hours a day at the computer and I don't consider it at all healthy. It's given me loads of problems in the past, in particular depression.

I'm making an effort to spend less time at the computer these days, but since I now work at one, I'm pretty much stuck at being at least 8 hours a day with one.

November 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
To be honest, the majority of people, if they find something interested on the internet, become addicted. Internet addicts.

I work on my computer, but I must admit that using Linux has increased my interest in computers in general. When I used Windows I didn't take time to read so many articles and do as much research, simply because I was so stressed with using it that after working, I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore.

Now I LIKE my computer. It feels good to use. Soooo... I dunno'. If you took work out of it, I'd probably use my computer 5 or 6 hours a day.

November 3rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Yes. :(

November 3rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
I watch movies and TV shows through my computer, and since I have a laptop it's on and with me if I'm home. So I get anywhere between three and sixteen hours in a given day depending on my work schedule.

November 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hell yeah.:D

November 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
I watch movies and TV shows through my computer, ..[snip]

I realized that a huge portion of the time I spend on the computer I spend watching TV shows. There are like 10 shows I follow plus several old I'm marathoning. Besides watching shows, I spend relativeliy little time browsing the web. I often visit the same websites, so I can navigate thru them quickly and effectively. At work of course it's all coding, but I don't account work into my PC usage, since it is not 'voluntarily'.

November 3rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
About 12-16 hours a day....nearly all work related!

But I get more done quicker with Linux than I ever did with Windows!