PDA

View Full Version : greetings from Karmic (finally)

stuart.reinke
November 2nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
I finally got Karmic up and running yesterday.

This is the first release to not work "out of the box" for me. I'm not really complaining. I realise that my problem is due to my ATi video card and not really Ubuntu's fault. If fact, I'm quite proud of my self for being able to get things going myself. Six months ago I would have gone running to the Beginner Talk Forum with my tail between my legs saying "WTF do I do now!?" :D

Any way, The point.....While I still consider myself a noob, I am learning something new almost every day and for that I say "Thanks".

Isn't the Ubuntu Community the greatest \\:D/

Pasdar
November 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
I finally got Karmic up and running yesterday.

This is the first release to not work "out of the box" for me. I'm not really complaining. I realise that my problem is due to my ATi video card and not really Ubuntu's fault. If fact, I'm quite proud of my self for being able to get things going myself. Six months ago I would have gone running to the Beginner Talk Forum with my tail between my legs saying "WTF do I do now!?" :D

Any way, The point.....While I still consider myself a noob, I am learning something new almost every day and for that I say "Thanks".

Isn't the Ubuntu Community the greatest \\:D/

Did you upgrade or fresh install? Have you noticed any problem before, during or after install? I've been experiencing many crashes and instability... which is quite unusual compared to my previous experiences in kubuntu 9.04.

stuart.reinke
November 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
About 3 or 4 fresh installs. Finally decided to try one more time and used synaptic to remove all ati drivers leaving only the vesa generic drivers.