PDA

View Full Version : New wallpaper what do you think ? (WARNING Large Image)

hyperdude111
November 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Haven't made a wallpaper for 4 months but this morning I decided to give the old gimp a go.

I made 5 variations of the same base.
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2438945/Screenshot/wall.jpg

All constructive criticism is welcome and if you like it please rate on gnome look. Link (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/I%27m+Back?content=114643)

It is 1920 x 1200 but I have also made 1920 x 1080 for my personal use. If you want that then I'll upload.

Hope you like :)

Sand & Mercury
November 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
Excellent, I love them. Esp. the second last, white one.

Glucklich
November 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM
Excellent, I love them. Esp. the second last, white one.

I'll second that. The whole last series is very good but... the fourth one feels flawless. Just like Spring.

Thank you very much.

insanecrazy4
November 1st, 2009, 02:46 AM
I'll second that. The whole last series is very good but... the fourth one feels flawless. Just like Spring.

Thank you very much.

i third the second b4 last one its very nice:KS

kgarbutt
November 1st, 2009, 02:51 AM
Nice work Hyper.

hyperdude111
November 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm surprised the 4th one is most popular it was my least favorite. On the versions I made for myself at a different resolution the fourth one was the only I didn't do.

But thanks everyone.

JOHNNYG713
November 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
Very nice ! I also saw your work on Gnome-Look, very nice , Its always good to have such a talented artist share there work! thanks!! :D

Glucklich
November 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm surprised the 4th one is most popular it was my least favorite. On the versions I made for myself at a different resolution the fourth one was the only I didn't do.

Looking to it here in the forum (with the small size), I have to say it didn't look like much to me either... but when you get it on fullscreen (the way it is supposed to), it is just amazing. It is the better balanced one (despite the third one also being very good, but also suffers from the small size problem).

Maybe you just like very much the shape you've drawn and like it to be very visible. Personally, I like to think about it as a tree. In the night, you can only see its silhouette (the third one), in the Spring it just makes everything around it look more alive (the fourth one).

Incendia
November 2nd, 2009, 12:50 AM
I love the very last one! :D

sandwormblues
November 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
The colors and pattern are amazing, but it sort of looks off-balance to me. If there were some subtle downward motion from above it would have that yin-yang feeling, which helps people focus ;)

hyperdude111
November 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
The colors and pattern are amazing, but it sort of looks off-balance to me. If there were some subtle downward motion from above it would have that yin-yang feeling, which helps people focus ;)

Very good idea, I'll try to think of that in future.

Unknown Pirate
November 4th, 2009, 02:49 AM
I love the first one :KS

_sAm_
November 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM
4th one is very nice imho. - good work!

jnew93
November 5th, 2009, 02:14 AM
I'm partial to the third one myself... the fourth is a bit too bright for my taste. What inspired the tree-like design in the center of the image? It's very ambiguous, so I can't really pin down if it's even tree-like. ;)

purplewakanda
November 5th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I liked the first one.

raafe
November 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Wow, the third and forth ones are fantastic :)

Really well done mate

Guy