PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Capabilities Mismatch with Server Problem

donato roque
October 30th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I filed a problem in Launchpad today about the error message i'm getting from Ubuntu One. The error message said "capabilities mismatch with the server, i may have downloaded updates that are not yet supported by my client".

After checking Launchpad I found a similar report and added mine.

I tried to figure out what the problem is. Tried the terminal. Updated:
sudo apt-get update and yes it wants to update my Ubuntu One client. After I proceeded with the upgrade, I closed the Ubuntu One desktop client and started it again.

It works now.

DishBreak
November 18th, 2009, 04:03 AM
To clarify, open a terminal and type

sudo apt-get update

Then, look for the Ubuntu One applet next to the clock. It should be showing an exclamation point inside a loop. Left-click it, and select quit.

Alternatively, you can go to the System Monitor (System -> Administration), and terminate the ubuntuone-client and ubuntuone-syncdaemon processes.

Thanks for the tip!

Scooter_X
November 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Okay, but then mine asks for:

[sudo] password for riley:

and I type in my password that I use to log in. And sorry, I'm new at this, but I'm thinking perhaps it's asking for a different password than what I'm using because it didn't work. Could someone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

morchuboo
November 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM
For those new to Ubuntu its easier to update graphically.
In the menu select System --> Administration --> Update Manager
You can then select the install updates button.

joshuahoover
November 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
For those new to Ubuntu its easier to update graphically.
In the menu select System --> Administration --> Update Manager
You can then select the install updates button.

Yes, and remember to restart the Ubuntu One client after running Update Manager. :-)

runescape1143
November 29th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I think it asks for the password for the keyring. It's the same password as you would need to use for a secured wireless connection.