PDA

View Full Version : Arch Linux mounting network fileshares. Help please.

Crunchy the Headcrab
October 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hey guys. I'm trying out Arch Linux again. I've got it almost to the point where I want it with one exception. I keep having a slow boot up whenever I'm not connected to my network because it gets to the process of mounting network file shares and fails (slowly). I don't know why it is trying to mount network drives anyway. I never asked it to do that and I don't WANT it to. Help please.

Icehuck
October 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hey guys. I'm trying out Arch Linux again. I've got it almost to the point where I want it with one exception. I keep having a slow boot up whenever I'm not connected to my network because it gets to the process of mounting network file shares and fails (slowly). I don't know why it is trying to mount network drives anyway. I never asked it to do that and I don't WANT it to. Help please.

You can edit /etc/rc.conf and go down to daemons and put a ! in front of rpcbind portmap and nfs-common(nfs-lock). So they would look like !rpcbind !portmap and !nfs-common. Though if you are going to use Arch, read the wiki. Just about everything is in the Wiki.

Tibuda
October 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
No idea, as I don't use Arch, but have you looked at your fstab (if there's such file in arch)?

I think you would get better support at http://bbs.archlinux.org/

EDIT: or what Icehuck said

Crunchy the Headcrab
October 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Edit: ah, it was there. netfs has now become !netfs (thanks)