PDA

View Full Version : Article: Migrating from Linux to Windows.

purdy hate machine
February 15th, 2006, 04:57 PM
We are all used to hearing stories about the woes of switching from Windows to Linux, well there’s a nice article on Mad Penguin dot org which turns the tables and deals with one persons venture into the world of Windows after a lifetime of Unix/Linux use.

Switching to Windows (http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=5937) ;)

sapo
February 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Nice, i can asure that all that he said is true, i ve experienced the same.. and a lot more when i tried to use windows XP, but i m luck, and can work in Ubuntu and use it at home, no XP in my life :)

briancurtin
February 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM
yeah i remember reading that. my computer took a dump this past summer so i tried to reinstall, and it was an absolute waste of time. no networking tools were installed, nothing even popped up when i went to whatever its called in the control panel where you see networking stuff. it was just gone, so no way to get on the net. IE wasnt even installed, so if i was to get on the net somehow - no IE. because of IE not being installed, explorer didnt work right. i was stuck at 640x480...on a 1440x900 widescreen, and had no way to change it, even with a driver CD that came with my computer from HP.

that was like 8 months ago and i said screw it. installed SuSE, said goodbye to windows.