PDA

View Full Version : My computah keeps blu screenin

Hope Bringer
October 23rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
hey guiz im using windoes vista home premiam on my laptop and i keep getin a blu screen error and ****.

i havedual core 1.6ghz prosesur and a huge 1gb of ram so i hav no idea y de error is coming it happens from trivial fings liek when i open a browser game and ****.

any1 no wot to do?

im on servic pak 2.

Hope Bringer
October 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Anyone?

lensman3
October 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
This is a Linux forum. Microsoft blue screens are not answered here.

However, upgrade to Windows 7 or Ubuntu and the problem will probably go away. :redface:

BenAshton24
October 25th, 2009, 01:01 AM
lensman3 +1

a huge 1gb of ram
rly? huge?

howefield
October 25th, 2009, 01:08 AM
hey guiz im using windoes vista home premiam on my laptop and i keep getin a blu screen error and ****.

i havedual core 1.6ghz prosesur and a huge 1gb of ram so i hav no idea y de error is coming it happens from trivial fings liek when i open a browser game and ****.

any1 no wot to do?

im on servic pak 2.

There must be a reason for you asking this here. What is it ?

Try service pack 3, and make sure your drivers are up to date. Hopefully it isn't a hardware issue.

viper250
October 25th, 2009, 01:18 AM
multiple blue screens coming up usually indicates corrupted boot sector and mbr file problems the usual way to solve it is running a rebuild on your software
if you are using xp the rebuild will easily repair the problem. iF you are using vista vista saves a log file on the drive that may cause problems and an extended rebuild time
I recommend using d-ban to wipe the drive first then rebuild using the vista boot cd.
dban will run a brute force test on the drive that will tell you if it has any errors or bad sectors though I would install ubuntu instead of windows much less problems:guitar:
even though this is a linux site I will answer windows problems as well

witeshark17
October 25th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Do you defrag the hard drive once every few days?

Jekshadow
October 25th, 2009, 05:56 AM

any1 no wot to do?

im on servic pak 2.

First, try to sound at least semi-intelligent, and second this is an Ubuntu GNU/Linux forum, not a Windows Vista forum.

Try http://windowsforums.org/

cariboo
October 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
This question has nothing to do with Ubuntu. Your question would be better answered in a Windows forum.

This thread is closed.