PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with glutCreateWindow() on codeblocks

dsnettleton
October 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
So I'm new to code::blocks, and this is my first time programming OpenGL in Linux. I'm familiar with GLUT from using it on Windows, and it's supposed to be cross-platform. I'm using the Code::Blocks IDE, which I really like so far. I downloaded and linked all the necessary libraries, but for some reason when I use glutCreateWindow(), it's not really a "window" that's created. That is to say, my OpenGL scene is being drawn, but it's just sort of floating on its own. There's a spot for it on the taskbar, so I can minimize and close it using that, but there's no actual frame to the window. I tried using the Code::Blocks OpenGL wizard to see if I was doing something wrong, and the exact same thing happens. What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
--D. Scott Nettleton

Zugzwang
October 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Have you tried turning off the desktop 3d effects? That's a common cause for such problems and if that's the reason, it is not really a problem in your program.

dsnettleton
October 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Brilliant. I have Compiz-Switch because I turn desktop effects on and off for so many things, and I still didn't think to try it out. This problem won't crop up with my final release, will it?

Can+~
October 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Actually, yes.

But compiz usually manages better fullscreen things, so setting it to fullscreen solves the issue (at least for my driver/setting).