PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] KDE 3.5.x with 9.04?

TechnoJunky
October 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I've taken a little break from Linux, no not because I like window, just been too busy with work, kids and a hard drive crash. Before my break KDE 4.0 had come out, and I was quite excited to get my hands dirty with it, the problem was that you can't really get your hands dirty with it. I couldn't do much with it except take it as it was. I shortly found that I really liked KDE 3.5.x much better. Now I'm back and I'd love to have the latest version of Ubuntu with KDE 3.5.x. Is there a way for me to get it on 9.04, besides downloading the source code?

Zorael
October 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM
It's even available for 9.10, which is due to be released in a few days. Prepared by the kubuntu crew, but technically unsupported.

A semi-official remix of Jaunty Jackalope has been created with only KDE3.5 installed, for the convenience of users who are not quite ready to take the jump to KDE4.x.

The main focus of this remix is to keep the mature, stable, and familiar KDE3.5 desktop environment available for easy installation and use. Along the way, various bugs have been fixed, and small enhancements added--see below for more information.

This remix follows Kubuntu's release schedule, slightly delayed.
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Kde3/Jaunty

TechnoJunky
October 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
That's good news. Thank you.

Allen0
October 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I had a hard drive crash not too long ago. I had to reload OS, so I up graded from 8.10 to 9.04. I didn't load KDE 4.1. I still use 3.5 because kshisen in KDE4 is no where as good is in KDE3.5. I'll stay with 3.5 till they fix kshien in 4.0