PDA

View Full Version : 9.10 on my netbook

carl_pr
October 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I don't know if this is the place to ask this but when Ubuntu 9.10 arrive in a few days will it work as good on my acer netbook as 9.04 does right now? 9.10 looks good but will it be safe to upgrade or should i wait?

sgosnell
October 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I would wait awhile. I've had major problems on my EEE with it, depending on the update. The last update I tried wouldn't boot, and I've given up for the time being. You should be able to find out here if it has problems on your hardware, after enough people get a chance to try it.

ecr959
October 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Carl. I have a Acer Aspire netbook, and I have the latest 9.10 beta with today's updates, and I don't have any problems detected so far. It looks like the 9.10 remix will be as good as 9.04. The update even corrected a sound problem I had last week, now I have sound and I can enjoy the Youtube music videos. Just to be safe, I suggest you wait until the day after the RC release (so that'll be this friday) before you download it. I always wait a day or two after a release, that way any unexpected last-minute bug will be caught.

Good luck
PS: Hey, small world. I'm in sunny PR too.