PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] GlassBuntu Emerald Theme

Conspire
October 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hi guys, it's been awhile since I started using ubuntu and so I decided to fiddle around with it more. But the problem is I do not know how to install it nor do I have any idea what should I need to get it installed. I have searched throughout the forum and still don't understand what I need.

I want to install the mentioned theme on the title which provided in this link for your info.
http://ubuntu.hamdi.web.id/compiz/glassbuntu-emerald-theme.html

I would appreciate any assistance provided. Thank you.

ibuclaw
October 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
In the emerald theme manager, if I recall correctly, just drag and drop the .emerald file into it.

Regards
Iain

Conspire
October 20th, 2009, 04:36 PM
All right, now I get emerald theme manager (emerald themer, is it the same?) installed. I imported emerald files into it but how can I apply it?

howefield
October 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM
All right, now I get emerald theme manager (emerald themer, is it the same?) installed. I imported emerald files into it but how can I apply it?

Press alt + F2 keys and type

emerald --replace

then press the run button.

mick222
October 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I haven't used emerald for a while had same problem at first . If i remember correctly you have to move the files to the .themes folder it is a hidden folder in home, i think probably someone will correct me.

Conspire
October 20th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for replying.

It worked well with your instructions, however, I still can't figure out on installing the gnome panel.

According to this site
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=102721

download the gnome panel.tar.gz
extracts the images to your personal folder
has right click on your panel
click on propietis
select the tab background
select the option background image
and search the image your personal folder and select

I extracted it and select properties by right clicking the folder but there is no background tab under properties.

Conspire
October 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM
Nevermind, I got it solved on my own. Thanks for the help offered so far.