PDA

View Full Version : is multiple instances of mythfrontend possible?

AJ1000
October 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I have a nova t 500 and have it working successfully in mythbuntu 9.10 beta. One feature I have lost is the ability to run multiple instances of mythfrontend. Which I used to watch two channels simultaneously and it worked. I have noticed that this was considered a bug.

Is there anyway of running multiple instances of mythfrontend simultaneously?

If not, I have a backup of using kaffeine and meTV to produce the same effect.

SiHa
October 20th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I have a nova t 500 and have it working successfully in mythbuntu 9.10 beta. One feature I have lost is the ability to run multiple instances of mythfrontend. Which I used to watch two channels simultaneously and it worked. I have noticed that this was considered a bug.

Not sure, but couldn't you use the PiP functionality?

AJ1000
October 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I was just wondering if there was a command line option in mythfrontend to allow multiple instances.

I could not get PIP to work. Do you know how to do this?

SiHa
October 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Sorry, I've not tried it myself, I'm just aware that it is (supposedly) possible.

superm1
October 21st, 2009, 04:39 PM

It was intentionally partially disabled because for most people that causes weird behavior (like both instances responding to the same remote).

You can modify the frontend wrapper script, /usr/share/mythtv/mythfrontend.sh to re-enable the functionality.

AJ1000
October 21st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I have decided to use kaffeine and meTV for each adapter instead.

A flaw I had with two mythfrontends was that I heard sound from both of the two mythfrontends at the same time. With kaffeine and meTv I can mute the sound of either one and listen just to the other.