PDA

View Full Version : 14 Year old Linux guru(guy), where do find girl interested in FOSS and Linux

CRAY-4
October 20th, 2009, 06:53 AM
well im 14 and since most kids my age are interested in glamor, popularity, and sports. however i am interested in gaming, FOSS, Linux, robotics and programming; and as you can imagine they is hardly anybody that is interested in that sort of stuff.

so where are some places where i could meet others with similar interests besides online(cus there's no telling who they really are)?

oboedad55
October 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM
well im 14 and since most kids my age are interested in glamor, popularity, and sports. however i am interested in gaming, FOSS, Linux, robotics and programming; and as you can imagine they is hardly anybody that is interested in that sort of stuff.

so where are some places where i could meet others with similar interests besides online(cus there's no telling who they really are)?

I feel your pain. No, actually I don't. I apologize, I didn't see what forum this was in. I thought someone was trying to find girls... Peace!

macogw
October 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
*headdesk*

CRAY-4
October 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
*headdesk*

well i guess its my problem#-o

davidshere
October 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
coffee shops
book stores
college student unions
Star Trek conventions
DND groups
craigslist
Utah

CRAY-4
October 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM
ok thanks, ill just camp in the Linux section and see if anyone comes along(lol)

carnagex420x
October 24th, 2009, 11:42 PM
coffee shops
book stores
college student unions
Star Trek conventions
DND groups
craigslist
Utah

:lolflag:

get out and do stuff, you don't want a 14 g/f who sits in front of the computer as much as you. you'll just end up IM-ing each other instead of actually talking because its more lol worthy that way or something. And BTW the forums are not a place to pick up chicks anyways. Someone please close this thread!

BUT! there are hot chicks in book stores... =)
They are usually the quite ones on account of they read allot. =p

MelDJ
October 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM
is this even appropriate here?

lisati
October 25th, 2009, 06:48 AM
:lolflag:

get out and do stuff, you don't want a 14 g/f who sits in front of the computer as much as you.

+1
Mrs Lisat would be most disgusted if all I did was sit at my computer all day without giving her the attention she deserves. Having interests beyond the technical side of things can also provide a welcome break.