View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Help Configuring Wireless network
October 16th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I recently got my wireless card drivers installed using ndisgtk. The wireless card is installed but i need help configuring it.
Ive pretty much ONLY gotten the drivers install. I went to network configure, and tried automatic config. Im not even sure where to select which wireless signal to use.
Im new to ubuntu please help.
October 16th, 2009, 06:23 AM
if you already tried karmic koala or version 9.04, you may want to check this LINK http://wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php
wicd will help you solve the problem in no time
if you're still on version 8.04 try ndiswrapper
1. put your UBUNTU cd on the cd-rom unit
2. go to system> administration> synaptic package manager
3. go to the menu Edit>Add CD-ROM
4. click on the right (over the list of packages)
5. write ndiswrapper and mark for installation
ndisgtk, ndiswrapper-common, ndiswrapper-utils
6. apply button
7. exit the synaptic p. m.> go back to System>Adminstration>Windows Driver (you should see it at the bottom) it will allow you to install a new driver, be sure to have the driver... :)
October 16th, 2009, 06:27 AM
There should be an icon on the panel by the Date(ON IT'S LEFT), click it and it will show you if there is any available network
October 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
It could help if you post more information about your wireless card (model, chipset, usb or pci etc.)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.