PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] No boot option after wubi install

mmulqueen
October 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I got a new laptop last week. I formatted the drive, made a few partitions, and installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit on the first partition C:\. Yesterday, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 32bit via wubi.exe to the F:\ partition not even thinking that the ISO file I'd downloaded months ago wasn't the 64bit edition. So, wanting to take advantage of all my RAM, I just formatted the F:\ drive, opened a command prompt, and removed the Ubuntu entry from the boot options using "bcdedit /delete {id}". I rebooted my PC and logged back into windows. Then, I mounted the newly downloaded, 64bit ISO file and ran wubi.exe as administrator. The installation completed and asked me to reboot. After restarting, however, I was not given the option to boot into Ubuntu. Using "bcdedit" from the command prompt I found that there had been no change to the boot record. Windows 7 was still the only option. I've formated the drive several times now and tried installing via mounted ISO file and CD. I get the same result each time. Anyone have a resolution for this?

Thanks,

Matt

puvijain
February 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
check if this works
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20340/how-to-restore-the-wubi-ubuntu-bootloader/

s.fox
February 23rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thread Necromancy.

Thread Closed.