PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Palm Tungsten e in Jaunty

pacobuntu
October 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hello all,
I am having problems getting my Palm tungsten E setup in jaunty. I downloaded jpilot and tried to configure it the way was described in other threads and I could get the palm to say it synced but I couldn't bring up the information in jpilot. I dont know if I had the user setting wrong or what. Jpilot asked for a username and ID number to setup. I dont know how to tell what ID number I need. I just dont understand why things can be so hard to do. I DL'ed pilot-link and all the other packages I saw to use. I've uninstalled everything to get back to a fresh start to be sure everything is configured out ocrrectly.

PLEASE dont refer me to another thread, I've read almost all of them and haven't had good results, likely by my misunderstanding what I needed to do.

I am a pure novice so PLEASE write out your responses in total step by step, every character typed, in what window/program/tab they were typed, mouse click, everything. PLease dont skip anything assuming I know what you're referring to. That's all I've seen in other posts and I dont understand what was written. I love the freedom of Ubuntu, but the hardware issues are driving me nuts. please help.

pacobuntu
November 19th, 2009, 07:51 AM
solved

avix
November 22nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
could you share your solution with the rest of us who are having the same problem?