PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus Folders Auto-Expand on Failed AutoComplete

pumrum
October 15th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I did some searching, couldn't find anything related. I've had this annoyance for the past 2-3 versions (I believe this behaviour started with whatever version of Nautilus ships with Hardy -- haven't verified yet).

The annoyance:

With Nautilus in list mode, if you are in a folder that has several sub folders and files -- if you try to type the name of the file or folder you want and mistype, when you click off that folder to try typing again, Nautilus automatically expands the first folder in the list regardless of what you typed.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

Open a natilus window
Set the view to "list mode"
Navigate to a folder that has several subfolders and files
Using the mouse, select any random folder or file in the list
Start typing the name of any other file or folder, but make a mistake at some point in the middle
Using the mouse, click some other random file or folder in the list that is not the one that is currently highlighted, or the first one in the list
ANNOYANCE: notice how the first folder in the list has auto-expanded

Like I said, this only started I believe after gutsy -- any thoughts on how to prevent this? It's quite annoying when you're moving around the file system quickly. Thanks!

[Edit] == I have confirmed this is not an issue in 9.10