PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Different results executing file from Nautilis and Terminal

smileyguy
October 15th, 2009, 01:20 AM
When I run this file /home/username/torrents/movie.torrent from Nautilis, it opens with my default bit-torrent app (bit tornado).

When I run it from the command line in Terminal, it tells me "Permission denied" (and I'm using it as the same user.

When I run it as Sudo it tells me sudo: "/home/username/torrents/movie.torrent: command not found"

If I tick the Allow executing file as a program in Nautilis and run in Terminal, I get a bunch of funny output.

What gives?!

Do I need to tell it to open with Bit Tornado?

Can anybody help me with the command to do this? I wouldn't know:(

I'm trying to get the file to open in Gnome-Schedule 2.02 but need to enter the command.

tuxxy
October 15th, 2009, 01:33 AM
If you want to launch the torrent using your terminal then you need to tell it to open the the torrent in Bit Tornado rather tahn just typing in the path to the torrent. So use the command to launch Bit Tornado then space and the torrent filename. I prefer to use Deluge so I would do this for example but you replace deluge with your client

cd /home/username/torrents/

deluge movie.torrent

smileyguy
October 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM

That worked in Terminal.

I assume I can just enter those two lines of code beneath eachother in the Gnome-Schedule interface under the TASK section. I'll go and test it.

tuxxy
October 15th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Yes just enter the command as you did in terminal and it should be fine