PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse Issues

Xalor
October 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Whenever I start typing something, my cursor turns into this I. I know that happens, but when I get to the next like it resets back the line where the "I" is, or the location of the I. I'm not touching the mousepad, and its on a laptop.

I don't know why it happens, and its really starting to bug me. It happens on the forums, in pidgin, openoffice, where ever I type, even the terminal.

Anyone got an ideas?

Or a simple fix?

Thanks, and it did that problem stuff a couple times while trying to write this as well.

ibuclaw
October 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Whenever I start typing something, my cursor turns into this I. I know that happens, but when I get to the next like it resets back the line where the "I" is, or the location of the I. I'm not touching the mousepad, and its on a laptop.

I don't know why it happens, and its really starting to bug me. It happens on the forums, in pidgin, openoffice, where ever I type, even the terminal.

Anyone got an ideas?

Or a simple fix?

Thanks, and it did that problem stuff a couple times while trying to write this as well.

Even though you may not be touching it, you still may be accidentally tapping the touchpad, which it is very sensitive to, and it shows in Ubuntu.

In System -> Preferences -> Mouse, select "Touchpad" tab. Then Enable the "Disable touchpad while typing" option.

Alternatively, you can also Disable "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" if you don't use it for that.

Regards
Iain

Xalor
October 14th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I don't have the first option you gave me but will the disable touchpad buttons work? They still work while I'm clicking, so I don't know whether its working or not.

In this response I haven't had a problem so I guess I'll just have to write that essay and see if I get a problem.