PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Screen Width Display

Captainslacko
October 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I have loaded Ubuntu 9.04 onto my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop but it is only displaying on a narrower portion of my screen, How do I change the setting to utilise the full width of my screen?

Also it is not displaying the filezilla newsfeed on my website, what plugin do I need.

hellblazer
October 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
What kind of screen card do you have in the laptop, Nvidia, ATI or something else?

Captainslacko
October 15th, 2009, 08:23 AM
What kind of screen card do you have in the laptop, Nvidia, ATI or something else?

Nvidia I believe

zkriesse
October 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM
To change monitor settings you can go to System -> Preferences -> Display. Oh..and welcome to the forums!!!!!! And concerning Filezilla...I'm not sure what plugin you would need but you can try installing Adobe. Make sure it's the .deb file for ubuntu. And you can look into Fireftp on the Mozilla Addons site.

Captainslacko
October 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
To change monitor settings you can go to System -> Preferences -> Display. Oh..and welcome to the forums!!!!!! And concerning Filezilla...I'm not sure what plugin you would need but you can try installing Adobe. Make sure it's the .deb file for ubuntu. And you can look into Fireftp on the Mozilla Addons site.

Hey kool ta now have full screen. :popcorn::guitar: will look into Adobe and Fireftp. Thanks heaps :guitar::P:):popcorn:

zkriesse
October 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
No prob. :D If this helped you mark the post as Solved using the forums tools option. That way others know! Thanks!

Captainslacko
October 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
No prob. :D If this helped you mark the post as Solved using the forums tools option. That way others know! Thanks!

Part one solved, however, the second part was feedzilla, not filezilla as i previously reported. Feedzilla is an RSS feed to my website which is not displaying in Ubuntu. Adobe didn't do it, and of course the other aws an ftp program and of no help... my fault. Any suggestions?.. the Feedzilla site is not helpful http://au.feedzilla.com/ with this issue.:confused::(:KS

zkriesse
October 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
As I know absolutely nothing about Feedzilla I'll look into it and get back to you ASAP. Just out of question, what is your website? I'm asking because if I can see it then maybe it's your configurations or something.