PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't burn CD, missing ISO file...

Wacas
October 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM
So, I just have downloaded Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop on my Vista PC. The whole thing came as ZIP archive. I extracted everything in separate folder, butI do not see any ISO file. There is, however, some "ubuntu" file with no extension, which is 0 KB in size. I also have tried to download Server version as well, but have exactly the same problem. Any hints what should I do? Sorry for newbie question though, and thanks in advance for answering. :)

falconindy
October 14th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I suspect you haven't downloaded the ISO at all. Try the link below, make sure you notice the 32/64-bit selection option towards the bottom of the page and choose wisely.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

louieb
October 14th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Windows is hiding the extension. For some odd reason windows wants to open .iso files with a zip program. Have not use win in a while but somewhere in folder options there is a check box for showing all extensions.

|Mitch|
October 14th, 2009, 03:15 AM
I suggest you download the torrent version under "Other Options" from the above link, if you have a torrent handling program. So much faster downloading...Making sure 32bit/64bit is correct. 64bit only if you have a 64bit processor.

EDIT: Just use a cd burning program, when you tell it to burn image it should let you select your .iso

Wacas
October 14th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I just noticed... When I go to download page, it shows that I suppose to download .iso file. But when I am trying to save the file on hard drive, it saves it as .zip archive.

|Mitch|
October 14th, 2009, 03:20 AM
save as file type, name it "whatever.iso"

I believe that's right, been so long since I've used Windows

Wacas
October 14th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Seems like it did it. Thank you. :)