View Full Version : [ubuntu] patching wow

October 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
ok so i finnaly got the game to install and save in wine... i know took me a lot, but i finnaly got it. now i am having trouble patching the game i get a runtime error when the patch finishes and when i just dont bother with it and patch is trying to apply it to wow it says that it is unable to. ive tried finding some threads about it, my search has still come up not much. i am trying to install patch 3.2 thats all i know about the patch. any ideas on what i need to do?

and when i try to open the wow.exe file it says the program ran into a serious problem and needs to close how do i fix that.

(as well i am new to ubuntu forums sense ive got the game installed how do i switch my other threads to solved?)

October 14th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Well, I'm not too sure about the Wow issue. I used to play, but never under Ubuntu. I'll look into it a bit more. Can you give us any specific error messages that are being shown?

As far as the [SOLVED] notification goes, simply go to 'Thread Tools' which is in the top-right of this window, and select 'Mark thread as solved'.

October 14th, 2009, 01:44 AM
these three errors are what ive gotten. the frist two are what i get when i try to run the patch. frist i get the runtime error then i get the serious problem error.

and the thrid one error #132 is when i try and run the wow.exe file to start world of warcraft. it just started to show up too ive been able top run it before. but now its giving me this error msg along with it is a window that allows me to send the error to wow. not too sure on how much that helps me i think it just a msg for them that sumthing is wrong.