PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Touchpad doesn't feel right in Jaunty on the eee

hozzy
October 13th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I just installed Jaunty, I was running eeebuntu (or ubuntu 8.10). The touchpad feels horrible in Jaunty. I have tweaked everything that I can in gnome and that doesn't fix it. Is there another way to change the sensitivity and acceleration of the touchpad?

I searched around and it sounds like other people who have an eee and Jaunty are having the same problems, I couldn't however find a fix to it, just wondering if anyone knows another way to change touchpad settings.

I also installed the eee repository thinking that might help...it didn't. I'm running an asus eeepc 1000h. Thanks.

mharrison
October 14th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I just installed Jaunty, I was running eeebuntu (or ubuntu 8.10). The touchpad feels horrible in Jaunty. I have tweaked everything that I can in gnome and that doesn't fix it. Is there another way to change the sensitivity and acceleration of the touchpad?

I searched around and it sounds like other people who have an eee and Jaunty are having the same problems, I couldn't however find a fix to it, just wondering if anyone knows another way to change touchpad settings.

I also installed the eee repository thinking that might help...it didn't. I'm running an asus eeepc 1000h. Thanks.

I had the same problem on my EeePC....only way I was able to fix it was doing a full system update...one of the new kernels fixes the issue, although I'm not sure which one it was.

Edit...
You said your Eeebuntu was 8.10? Try going to 9.04 and doing a full system update and see if that fixes it.