PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Applications & Places main menus disappeared...

webwiller
October 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hi there!
I dont know how it happened, but My Applications menu on the top panel is suddendly empty.
It first started with a misterious modification of the Places menu, where suddendly my Doc's, Music, Videos etc links disappeared. Trying to fix that I lately found out that my app's menu was completely emty but the app's are still in the system. I tried System>Preferencies>Main Menu
but when I click on it nothing happens. Just nothing at all.
Any clue?
Ty;)

motorcity909
October 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
It's probably not this but have you accidentally started a guest session? Top right hand corner, does it still say your desktop name or does it say 'Guest'? If so, click to log out and it will revert to you as the normal user, with all your settings.

I did that not long after changing to Ubuntu and I felt sick when I thought I'd lost all my files, music, pictures etc.

Like I say, it's probably not that but eliminate that before moving to other solutions!

webwiller
October 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM
It's probably not this but have you accidentally started a guest session? Top right hand corner, does it still say your desktop name or does it say 'Guest'?

No, I have my username on top right. I'm in my regular session and I do have my pic's, videos ect, but I missed my sym-links in Places menu and all entries in Applications menu.

webwiller
October 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I also tried:
-right click on "Applications" mený, choosed "change mený" but nothing at all happened
- System > Preferencies > choosed Main Mený, but AGAIN, nothing at all happened.

Pleeeeeease help me out :'''(