PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant access Ubuntu Files from Windows 7

Newbuntu85
October 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I am new to Ubuntu and am using a dual boot along with Windows 7 RC edition along with Jaunty.

As may the title suggest, I dont want to access the bin or source folder from windows 7. My problem is when I store a file in a Windows NTFS partition from Ubuntu, it doesnt show when I boot into Windows 7, yet from Ubuntu I can access them again. So is there any way by which I can access the files from Windows 7?

I had also deleted a large chunk from a Windows 7 NTFS partition from Ubuntu. When I rebooted from Win, the files were not there but the space occupied by them still remains. (To give you more clarity, lets say I deleted 5 GB of files from a Windows Partition which was initially occupying 25 GB, when I boot from Win 7, while the disk used shows 25 GB but the files are not there). How can I solve this?

Thank You in Advance

crispy_420
October 13th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a file permission issue. Anyone else want to chime in.

Jose Catre-Vandis
October 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Sounds like a file permission issue. Anyone else want to chime in.

Yeah, try allowing hidden files from explorer, should allow you to see them.

Also test this out with a non OS related file, such as an mp3 or text file, ensuring you have an extension on the file

Better still create a FAT32 partition for shared files

Better still, save your ubuntu files on your ubuntu partition, and install ext2fsd on Windows 7 which will provide you access to your ubuntu files