PDA

View Full Version : Speach sync and a remote issue.

jim999
October 12th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Hi, I went ahead and installed mythbuntu and it's working fairly well, but there are a couple of issues left. The main one is it's started losing voice sync, even when watching live TV. You can get it back by switch TV channel and then back again, but after a while (really random length of time 2 mins - 6 hours!), it drops back out of sync again. I think this may be a 'buffer' issue and all I need to do is some tuning. Are there any guide docs for that? Is there an optimum buffer size and/or maybe some kernel tweaks I can do?

Also so, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to play a DVD. MythTV just closes and I'm back at the desktop reaching for a mouse. Has anyone seen this?

Last by no means least. I have a harmony remote, programmed to thing it's an M$ one. Works pretty well, but when in the guide, pressing OK takes you to the recording screen, even if the program is not in the future. Didn't do it when I first installed it (a few days ago), any ideas what may have changed?

mythbuntu is already better than Vista MCE as the guide is fully populated and my hauppauge UBS tuners don't suddenly dissapear, so this is looking promising :-)

Thanks

Jim