PDA

View Full Version : mythbuntu 9.10

benlyboy
October 11th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Thought I would post a short note with my thoughts on the new mythbuntu 9.10

In short I love it.

It is still in bata, and it shows. I have had a couple of lock ups and a few things do not quite work right, but it is early days. and I know these thing will get fixes

The big change you notice is in the look and feel of the GUI much slicker and smarter than the older version.

I couldn't get the live CD to work. Maybe someone smarter than me can get it to work.

They have removed the link to the mythbuntu control center in settings. I don't really mind this, but one thing I have always thought would be good is if you could make all changes to myth using only a remote, and not have to hook up a keyboard and mouse. This may not be doable but it would be nice.

Would be interested in hearing others thoughts on 9.10

tgm4883
October 11th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I haven't had any lock up's here. You may want to file a bug on launchpad.net/mythbuntu

dhughes
October 11th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I've tried, half heartedly, to install MythTV over teh years and Mythbuntu 9.10 is the first time I ever got it to work, even on really old hardware like a Hauppauge tuner card from 1998!

So far so good, nothing werid other than a lack of a remote but that may be my inexperience more than the Mythubuntu distribution.

patnyc
October 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I am running 9.10 beta in my bedroom since it came out ~2 weeks ago. I am also experiencing lock ups and crashes.

I'm still loving it though.

SiHa
October 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Well, I tried installing it today, from a USB stick. It got as far as 'creating ext4 partition', and I walked away for a couple of minutes. I came back and the system was shutdown.
"Odd" thought I, "can't have installed that fast". Sure enough, without the stick it wouldn't boot. Strange thing is though, with the stick it wouldn't boot either!

On closer inspection, the installer appears to have deleted ldlinux.sys from the USB stick.

I'm doing this in my spare time at work (spare HDMI TV's there, no WAF risk!), so I'll have another go tomorrow. If it's repeatable I'll file a bug. I'm also going to go armed with a CD, and a spare HDD also with the install files on.