PDA

View Full Version : gtk_file_chooser_set_show_hidden not working

froggyswamp
October 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Folks, does anyone know why despite setting to show hidden files the dialog still doesn't show them?

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
GtkWidget *dialog;
gint result;

gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

dialog = gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new("Create a Folder...", NULL,
GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_CREATE_FOLDER,
GTK_STOCK_CANCEL, GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL,
GTK_STOCK_SAVE, GTK_RESPONSE_OK,
NULL);

//next line tells to show hidden files & folders
gtk_file_chooser_set_show_hidden(GTK_FILE_CHOOSER( dialog), TRUE);
result = gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(dialog));
gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);
return 0;
}

Sorry this should go to programming talk, can anyone move it please?

edscott
May 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Been a while since you asked your question, and I ran into the same problem while working on a fast multithreading filemanager (http://rodent.xffm.org). The only detail is that your code does show hidden files, mine did not. I suppose you stumbled on a gtk bug that was quickly fixed, but not completely fixed.

The difference: I was setting the current folder with gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder().

Apparently if you set the current folder to a non-hidden directory with gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder(), there is no way that gtk will show hidden files. This is with gtk 2.22.1

The fix? Just don't use gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder() if you want to show hidden files. Yeah, I know it is not pretty, but it solves (or hacks away) the issue for now.

edscott
May 23rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Oh, and just in case you really need to set the directory on which the dialog will open,
just do a plain chdir() before you create the dialog. The dialog will default to the current work directory.