PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] getting grub error 22 when booting & can't boot at all

tRiBaLmArKiNgS
October 9th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I'm new to Ubuntu and dual boot installed with windows 7 no problems. I forgot to move the slider to the desired disk space amount for ubuntu though, and ended up messing with my partitions to try to get more volume for Ubuntu.... I don't know what I've done but when I boot now I get grub error 22 and cant get onto windows or ubuntu!

I need some serious help

SkyNet2029
October 9th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Hi. A Grub error code of 22 means Grub is looking for a partition (listed in the partition table) that is no longer there.
A simple way around this would be to reinstall Ubuntu, paying attention to specifying the partition for Ubuntu. This will also reinstall Grub, allowing you to boot into windows 7 or Ubuntu.
This works because Windows 7 is still on the disk, and while installing Ubuntu, the installer will search for any existing operating systems (windows 7) and add them to the Grub boot list.
Hope this helps.

tRiBaLmArKiNgS
October 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hi. A Grub error code of 22 means Grub is looking for a partition (listed in the partition table) that is no longer there.
A simple way around this would be to reinstall Ubuntu, paying attention to specifying the partition for Ubuntu. This will also reinstall Grub, allowing you to boot into windows 7 or Ubuntu.
This works because Windows 7 is still on the disk, and while installing Ubuntu, the installer will search for any existing operating systems (windows 7) and add them to the Grub boot list.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help :D