View Full Version : [ubuntu] DDO/LOTR lancher problem

October 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I recently installed this program called PYLOTR... which by the sounds of it was originally was intended for Lord of the rings...

1. How did you install pylotr
2. I am a noob, how do I get my graphics card to work
3. OMG it won't work please help me ROFLHELICOPTERSTICK
4. All the above and so on including any spam related or unrelated questions
and if you post these messages you are a *** for not reading my post -.-

As for the issue at hand i recently am having a problem with direct x as it is saying: Could not intilalize Direct3D. Please ensure that Direct X 9.0c [Dec 2005] or higher is installed. [105] Blah... blah... blah.... blah...

However, for some reason it is not letting me install directx... I was following instructions on the internet and for some reason when I typed in the code to install it... it came up with a could not find file or folder error message, as for being able to run the game, I could before so why it decided to stop working now is anyone's guess! Please help!

October 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I also get this message: p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems

err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.

err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter

err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

October 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
just installed direct x 10 from:

What happened? It installed it, but it still came up with the same error message... sounds like to me I have to reinstall the whole thing again ><

October 7th, 2009, 08:40 PM

I'm going to try using this guy's thread now ><