PDA

View Full Version : Support for Songbird?

orange-wedge
October 7th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Do you forsee any support for Songbird installations? I would love to help develop the code, but alas I'm not too familiar with python. I guess it's always been something I've been meaning to try out.

nanotube
October 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hi
well, songbird is not a mozilla product, and as such would be out of scope for this project...

that said, you are more than welcome to take the code and repurpose it toward doing the same thing for songbird. :)

pmlxuser
October 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Do you forsee any support for Songbird installations?I don't unedrstand, there is a deb package for the same their site has a support team.

I would love to help develop the code, but alas I'm not too familiar with python. I guess it's always been something I've been meaning to try out.

when you say develop the code, which code?? the software code or the installtion code..

Or are you refering to an forum that assist people with problem in installtion of songbird....

orange-wedge
October 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Like Firefox the ubuntu deb for Songbird is rarely up-to-date with the actual stable release from the development team.

I was referring to support for ubuntuzilla to help install Songbird.

Nanotube,

Thanks for making such a good script.

I'll get to work on developing a Songbird installation!

shankhs
October 10th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Like Firefox the ubuntu deb for Songbird is rarely up-to-date with the actual stable release from the development team.

I was referring to support for ubuntuzilla to help install Songbird.

Nanotube,

Thanks for making such a good script.

I'll get to work on developing a Songbird installation!

I am with u! Best of Luck

eklem
December 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
Let me know if something happens here. I'll test it.