PDA

View Full Version : Database Project Ideas

matmatmat
October 5th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Does anyone have any project ideas that include databases & GUIs, I will be doing these in C#

matmatmat
October 6th, 2009, 06:05 PM
bump

NoaHall
October 6th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I did mine for a newspaper shop. In fact, it was so good, I showed it to two, and one of them bought it.

matmatmat
October 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
What did it do?

NoaHall
October 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
It managed the store records(numbers etc) of items, customer details for newspaper deliveries and a employees payment system. I also now manage the system for them(look after the hardware and software side) and built a website for them. My database also was connected to the website - customers could order for the site.

Tony Flury
October 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM
It really all does depend on what you are interested in. Databases and GUIs can be used for *almost* anything - if you want to spend the time developing it.

You may as well ask for a wood-working project that uses a hammer and a screwdriver.

However some ideas - in sort of ascending order of difficulty (i think) :

1) A simple system to track your CD and DVD collection.
2) A simple system to track your books.
3) A simple system to track something else you collect
4) A system to track, report and compare the results and performance of individual member in a local sports team (bowling is relatively easy).
5) A simple library system for a local club.
6) A system to maintain a sports league creating a schedule of matches, recording results and producing the league tables
7) A Genealogical database so that you can record your family tree.
8) A Gui that makes creating databases easier

And anything else that takes your fancy.

matmatmat
October 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks

Waappu
October 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi,

These sample apps may give some ideas also
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/packaged_apps/packaged_apps.html

Tony Flury
October 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Another idea is a programm that keeps track of the accounts for your home or a local group etc tracking income, expenditure, regular payments, cheques etc, and can report on what money you spend and where your major outgoings go.

Can+~
October 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Another idea is to build a Database that can manage DKP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_kill_points). When I played WoW, I had the idea to build one on my own, but never did it.

matmatmat
October 8th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I ended up going for:
"A system to maintain a sports league creating a schedule of matches, recording results and producing the league tables"
Thanks, :)

sharifiit
April 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Task Management System
Hotel Management System
E-Ticket System
Electricity Bill Payment System
Database Management System for Stock Exchange
E-Tender Management System etc are the famous project idea on database management system. If you want to know more project ideas just go this site. I think it helps you
http://databaseconcept.blogspot.com/2012/03/database-project-ideas.html

r-senior
April 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
I ended up going for:
"A system to maintain a sports league creating a schedule of matches, recording results and producing the league tables"
Thanks, :)
Years ago I did a fantasy football site and ran it for a group of friends, which is a similar idea. It was a pain updating it with the scores every week but it was fun.

llanitedave
April 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
I'm working on an evolution simulator. It creates populations of organisms in multiple environments, handles mutation, reproduction, fitness, and mortality, and can store an arbitrary percentage of those as "fossils". That allows the changes in the DNA and traits to be tracked over time and analyzed.

It's not C#, though.